Saturday, March 13, 2010

End of Hanoi, Day One

Walked through the night market on Han Truong street last night -- most of it was poor quality clothing and plastic trinkets - and nothing like the food extravaganza of Beijing's night market.   Toward the end of the street there are temporary tables for what I think of as Korean style "at the table" barbecue -- but I  wasn't feeling adventurous, and instead ate at a mediocre vegetarian restaurant.   It did have great chamomile flower tea though!


On the way home, with a tourist map (purchased at a high price from a street vendor who kindly shielded me as a I crossed a street - since the map from the hotel is absolutely unreadable with my 50 year old eyes), I mixed up Hang Bo with Hang Buon, and got myself pretty lost.  I ultimately picked up a taxi for the short ride back to the hotel.   The incessant honking of traffic was still in force at 10pm when I drifted off - but now (5am Hanoi time) it's faded away.  

Here's a link to a 1 minute video I took at one of the intersections near the hotel.   Turns out I'm not the only one with this idea; when I was searching for my video there are 700 others (I'm sure many even more terrifying).

Today - hopefully - the Ho Chi Minh mausoleum this morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment