Sunday, April 18, 2010

More Vietnam Photos

Nick Kozel of Minneapolis, a much more accomplished photographer than I am, took a few hundred great photos - and ultimately posted 36 that he likes most.    Here's one of his lesser works -- which does give you a sense of the road quality in Northwestern Vietnam.   The next photo shows multimodal transportation -- our guide Binh, me, Rick, a motorscooter, and a water buffalo all traveling up the road.   Motors win - and the water buffalo aren't as slow and lumbering as they look either. 

 

Here's a photo Nick took of Bill, a retired teacher, showing village children their image on his camera.  He had a wonderful way of bringing out the kids - who just adored him. 

Actually, everyone Bill photographed loved him -including two butcher women at one of the open air markets.  I'm guessing his camera got a bit grimy with this shot - but it was worth it. 

Nick's selected photos are at this link.  

I'll be posting links to all of my photos (using Shutterfly.com) in the next few days, and continuing to excerpt what I think are the best ones from the trip. I have a few stories left, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment